Sunday 21 April 2013

Thank you





Thank you for all your lovely comments left on Thursday's blog post - they were about the only thing to make me smile on Thursday and Friday. Yes I am definitely having flutters of anxiety, and now there is a big clock ticking away in the back of my mind but it does help knowing you guys are behind me willing me on.

Yesterday disappeared really quickly predominately because I was in the hairdressers having my hair done, so I didn't get home before 4pm.  I still had lots of household jobs to complete, but I did manage to sew the side seams of Sharlene's dress and tack her hem in place ready for sewing.  I also basted the zipper in the back of my dress, took it out, sewed it in, took it out and then sewed it in again before feeling quite unhappy with it and left it on my workbench around 9pm last night.

I did some more sewing on my dress today but not on the zipper.  Part of the problem is that I am not happy with the fit of the bodice.  I have cut a new, different shaped top for my dress, and added more structure into this new top, which I believe will also give me more support.

I haven't unpicked the original bodice of my dress, I want to finish the new one I am making first, which is half way finished.  Once I have finished it I'll see which one I prefer, and gives the best look for the design I am trying to create.

There will be no more sewing for me until Wednesday evening now because we are back in London, but I am eager to finish my new top on Wednesday.

Tonight we must decide on the words we want to use for the wedding service and send them off to the Registrar.

Hope you had a lovely weekend, we have beautiful sunny weather today, if we get a day exactly like today for the wedding it wil be perfect.

Thank you my friends, Happy Sewing, catch you later......................

7 comments:

  1. Maybe a short break will help sort things out with the bodice for your dress. Wishing you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome... :-)
    I must share this. I was married during the peace and love time...on a hillside overlooking the ocean. Everything was beautiful and really mellow (haha, due to the communal pipe)until a dog entered our wedding with a stick. My husband ended up throwing the stick and telling the dog to go home. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The 'Mrs. M..." side of things will keep you going! Deep breaths, along with your thorough preplanning will make the day perfect. There are lots of us around the globe i-stitching along with you! J

    ReplyDelete
  4. So proud your feeling better, and you got some sewing done.. And wishing you the best on your new bodice.. Hope you love it.. Sending hugs and prayers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spending some time with the hair dresser is a good therapy. There´s nowhere you can go with your hair all full of tinfoil , so you can focus on reading a magazine or something that distracts you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I'm so sorry I missed that post Pauline! but I'm glad things don't feel so bad now. Don't stress, the only thing that matters is you and your fiance getting married, everything else, dresses, the hair, the hens nights, and all the rest; as my granny used to say; is just the trimming on the coat :) I know you will have an absolutely beautiful day, no matter what. I'm thinking of you :)

    ReplyDelete