Sunday 24 March 2013

Patchwork & Quilting weekend.

My local sewing shop holds an annual gathering of like-minded people down in East Sussex, to do various quilting or patchwork projects.

My friend Ellen asked that next time one of these sewing weekends was on if she could come, and my D Mike and her husband bought us this weekend for our Christmas present.

Here are some pictures of the event and our finished bags.  We have 3 zipper pockets inside, and I added a little phone pocket to the inside of mine too.  Look how pleased Ellen is with her bag - she has never done any sewing and is just thrilled with her bag.

I haven't neglected my wedding sewing duties, I took the 2nd bridesmaid dress to finish the hem which took me two evening while we all joined in various quizes that Chris the leader of the group organised.

I am back on the 'job' Tuesday evening when I plan on completing the cummerbunds for these two little dresses.

I hope you had a great weekend.  Catch you later..................


9 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun event! Nice finished bag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you both had a good time - lovely bags!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful bags.. and what a fun weekend...sewing with a friend..

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you had a fun weekend with your friend. Those bags are wonderful. Large enough to hold the kitchen sink when you travel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so pleased to see patchwork made into something, rather than a bedspread, which is about all I can think off. Lovely work and looks like a fun weekend

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a lot of fun. Lovely bags and so big!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great bags and what a great gift from your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a fun sew-in and terrific big bags!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone - we did have a lovely time (well we were sewing with other like-minded people)

    ReplyDelete