Monday 25 March 2013

Great British Sewing Bee BBC2 2nd April

Usually all the fun in the sewing world is on the other pond but on 2nd April it is here in the UK namely the Great British Sewing Bee, and the Grand Dame of the Stitchers' Guild Sewing Forum Ann Rowley (far right in pink jumper) is one of the contestants.


The first episode is aired tomorrow night on the British BBC 2 channel  and will feature 8 contestants who are required to show off their needlework skills to eventually be crowned the champion.

Advertisements state that the contestants will cover a range of sewing techniques from tailoring to embroidery and the judges are May Martin from the Women's Institute and Patrick Grant a Designer.


This is what they have to do:-

  • Pattern Challenge
    • Each of the contestants have to follow the same pattern
      • A-line skirt
      • change the neckline on a blouse
      • make a day dress
  • Alteration challenge
  • Make something to fit the model who's been assigned to them.

I am really excited, and of course pass on my good luck wishes to Ann.

I'll let you know how it goes

Catch you later............





11 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to this. Naturally I will be with 'Team Ann'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pauline Tilly from Tilly and the Buttons is also a contestant, can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for letting us know - I just found your post on Stitcher's guild, too. I wish we could get the show here in the states, but alas . . . . .:-( I'm also with Team Ann! She's such a great talent and inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for letting us know and I expect a show by show update. I am with Team Ann as she is such an inspiration and very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is really exciting. Please keep us informed of what happens. I assume this is a weekly program? I sure hope Ann wins. She is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO proud.. Keep us posted..[wish we could see it here in the states..] I am for Team Ann too..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Count me in for team Ann.I love her work!7\

    ReplyDelete
  8. Does anyone know if we coud get it 9n the 8nternet?

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an exciting competition! Please keep us updated on the progress of the show! We don't get anything like that here on Australian TV. I can see a few other familiar faces in there too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I love this concept. So much better than Project Runway. I'm going to have to find out if I can watch it on the Internet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll be watching! Hope Ann wins.
    Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete