Sunday 13 January 2013

My birthday suit

I wrote a couple of weeks ago that I wanted to complete an ensemble to wear for my birthday dinner last night, and as promised here are the pictures taken in the hotel that we stayed at, and its also the same hotel we will be married in May. Check out that mirror that was in our bedroom , and the chairs in the hotel lounge, just love them.


I am wearing my McCalls 6441 jacket, blogged about here together with my silk BurdaStyle blouse blogged about here,  grey trousers, blogged about here, what you can't see is my bra blogged about here, self-made panties (not blogged about).  The only things I didn't make were my shoes, belt and bag :-)

We had a lovely evening, at our favourite restaurant, and for that I have thank my D-Mike.

I have cut out the pieces for my next picture which I have brought to work on in the flat, and I have also cut out a skirt from the same grey fabric as my trousers, but I really didn't have enough time to do any more than that this weekend, so that will have to wait a couple of weeks before I get a chance to do any more clothes sewing.

I hope you have had a good weekend.  It has turned very cold here in London, and cycling through the city on our bikes this evening proved rather chilly brrrrrrrrrr.  Snow is forecast, and I know some of you guys have already had the snow for quite a few weeks now, but I am really really not looking forward to it.

That's all from me, catch you later.................

27 comments:

  1. You look beautiful. Happy birthday darling x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your outfit is fantastic! the colours are very balanced and you look elegant and pretty...Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your outfit is fabulous. Add the skirt and you will be 2/3 done a 6-PAC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann, while I haven't entered any of the 6 PAC, I prefer mentally to think I need to add garments that will work with things I already have in my wardrobe. Thanks for the compliment.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful outfit, gorgeous woman! Lucky DMike!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Margy, I am trying to live up to your high standards.

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday! January birthdays rule! (OK, I had a rather epic birthday on the 7th, but let's just gloss over that!!.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Sheila, belated happy birthday for the 7th (we are both Capricorns).

      Delete
  6. Beautiful outfit and you look so happy! I do like those chairs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well where to start? The weight is diminishing, the location is beautiful and the outfit is classy so I hope you had a great night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ruth, the weight is coming off slowly (I am pleased to say) we had a wonderful night.

      Delete
  8. You look beautiful and love, love your outfit.. So proud you had such a great birthday.. Look
    forward to seeing your next picture and the skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look beautiful! Happy Birthday. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday to You!

    I saw the title of your blog come up on my blog roll and thought 'hmmmm, birthday suits hey?!' I ahve to say that your birthday suit is one of the best I have seen - and how cool is it that you made almost everything you are wearing. Will you be making your wedding dress?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, yes in my mind I knew what I was writing lol. Yes I still laugh to myself thinking I have made everything I am wearing. Yes I am making my dress + 6 bridesmaid dresses

      Delete
  11. Happy birthday Pauline! Your birthday suit looks so chic :) I'm glad you had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. D-Mike is one lucky guy, you look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Judith - I'll tell Mike, especially when I say "I have been thinking" - he usually shudders with fear lol

      Delete
  13. Wait, there is a no to rtw bra group? Maybe I should have joined six months ago, since that is how long I've already been wearing my own handmade lingerie exclusively.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha me too - think we started around the same time.

      Delete
  14. Beautiful outfit, the slimming shows!
    Glad you had such a good time.

    ReplyDelete