Wednesday 2 January 2013

Embroidered pictures sent for framing and thoughts for a birthday outfit

Today was the first day back at work and it sort of came as a bit of a shock to the system after having a few days off.

While I beavered working away on my trusty laptop, my No.1 son came to the house to lay down a new floor in my bedroom and study.  I took advantage of the New Year sales and purchased the new flooring at a 40% reduction (as you know I always like a bargain).  Of course new flooring involved moving beds, furniture etc etc which is a bit of a pain.  The bedroom floor is finished and the study will be completed tomorrow (a nice new year present for me) but very much needed as the old carpets had seen better days over the past 10 years or so.

Lunchtime my D Mike and I popped out to the picture framer to get my embroidered pictures framed.  I am still trying to get over the cost of the new frames £64 for the two, but from what I could see when we laid the mount and sample frame over the pictures, it will make the pictures look good.  I have to wait until the 11th until they will be ready, but I hope it will be worth the money.

My thoughts are now heading towards a birthday outfit for the weekend after next.  My D Mike is taking me to our favorite hotel and I would like something new to wear.  I am trying to be a little practical in my thoughts and make something that goes with an item I made recently.

You may recall my green jacket  McCalls 6441,  when I purchased this fabric, I also bought some beautiful silk fabric that complimented this fabric perfectly from the same vendor.  I am thinking about making perhaps a blouse and either navy, black or grey trousers or a skirt to make up the outfit.


No sewing for me tonight, but perhaps I can get going tomorrow.

Catch you later.....




5 comments:

  1. Hello and Happy New Year! Wow! What a lot of activity, you started the year full of energy. I know you are not asking for advice but I can see your lovely jacket with navy pants. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Navy and lime are a favorite color combination of mine. What ever you use I'm sure it will be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go with navy - timeless and stylish. Lucky you being treated - enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congradulations on your new floor..
    Love your ideas to go with that beautiful green jacket.. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for new floors! I know the joy of that!

    That is such a great jacket.I'm sure you've made the perfect choice for the coordinates. I like the idea of gray, a bit unexpected.

    ReplyDelete