Tuesday 19 June 2012

Butterick 5526 blouse and TNT trousers/pants

I managed to do some "me" sewing over the weekend and last night, and completed two pairs of TNT trousers/pants using McCalls 5537 and this Butterick 5526 blouse made out of some lovely striped fabric purchased on one of my Walthamstow market visits.

I am delighted that I have lost some weight so I had to adjust my TNT trousers/pants  pattern to make two new pairs of trousers/pants, one in black and one in beige and feel that they are not so baggy looking on me now.  I used some of the spare skull and cross bone fabric for the inside of the waistband of the black pair, and the apple fabric for the inside of the beige pair, just to add a quirky touch.

I had seen a striped blouse in the Madeleine collections (see below) and fell in love with the look.  Sadly my fabric doesn't have the orange running through it, but that is fine because I have red, jade green, black and blue shoes that would look great with this.


I didn't really follow the pattern too much, because I wanted to incorporate some of my shirt making techniques into this blouse.  I sewed this with flat felled seams (except for the sleeve which required some gathers).  I added the same placket to the sleeve as used for Mike's shirts too.

This fabric is rather like a charmeuse, a dream to wear, but slipped and slided all over the place.

I didn't put any interfacing in on the front bands (I never interfaced the shirt front bands either) because when I inspected a good quality RTW shirt it wasn't there.  I also didn't want a stiffness to the front as this is a lovely "soft" shirt.

Excuse the headless photo - I hadn't jumped in the shower when this was taken by my son (the builder) who was working on my porch.

I am flying out to The Netherlands later today and after I have done all the boring work stuff I am delighted to be meeting up with Sigrid and will spend the weekend with her, meeting some of her friends and doing fun stuff...... cant wait.

Catch you later.............






21 comments:

  1. Love your striped shirt. The stripes allow you to wear so many different coloured shoes and belts with it. The pants look great too.

    Congrats on loosing enough weight to adjust your TNT pants pattern. I have started again and have lost 4 pounds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Ann, diets yuck - I seem to have stuck - not really up or down - am starting to panic a little thinking I only have 11 months to get to my goal

      Delete
  2. Love the fabric you picked for this shirt. Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At last, something for YOU. In response to a comment on Frabjous - keep your curves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha - well need to lose around 14-20lbs of them really - even a stone would be good.

      Delete
  4. Love the shirt!
    Congrats on the weight loss!
    And - oh so fantastic a holiday to spend time with Sigrid!
    Have a wonderful time!

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you were able to get some "me" sewing done. It's great for the psyche. Love your striped shirt and can't wait to see those pants.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! And congrats on taking the TNT pants in! Always exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous shirt and trousers - I love the stripe. Well done on the weight loss. I would love to lose just a little 'timber' but I a basically too greedy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha I understand completely but it is generally just "hard work"

      Delete
  8. I'm glad to see you making a shirt for yourself instead of you hubby!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone. I wore this shirt for work this week and got lots of comments on it so I can assume its a success.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you have a fabulous trip. I sure do love your brightly colored shirt. I like the idea of leaving out the interfacing on the front band too, to keep the lovely drape. This is a perfect summer shirt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the work side of my trip was - well, work, but the play side was fabulous culminating in a completed bra and meeting more international sewing friends.

      Delete
  11. Hello! Thank ou for sharing our experience. I have stared and stared at the cuff piece and it seams too big? I have recut it in the same size thinking I have made a mistake and still it is oo big. Can you provide any insight?

    ReplyDelete
  12. website link dolabuy gucci find out this here designer replica luggage linked here Celine Dolabuy

    ReplyDelete