Monday 23 April 2012

Chanel Jacket No.2 - Part 2

Hi there

Just to update you on my progress with Chanel Jacket No. 2



Body pieces sewn and lined.  Bias tape on, and outer lining edges stitched to bias binding.  Trim attached and sleeves ready to go in.

You can see what I am planning on doing with the sleeve vents.  I was going send off for covered buttons but have decided on these little dome shaped silver ones (more shiny in real life).

Remaining jobs:-


  • Insert sleeves
  • Attach sleeve lining with blind stitch
  • Sew trim to sleeve vent 
  • Sew on buttons
  • Make pockets, trim and blind stich to jacket
  • Sew on chain.
  • Sigh with relief another one finished :-)


Thats all for now folks - work day tomorrow and I got carried away again lol.

Catch ou later................

12 comments:

  1. It is looking absolutely fabulous. I love the colour. The fabric and trim are a wonderful marriage. I am sure your dress is going to look perfect with this jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pauline this is stunning, absolutely stunning! And you are so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is getting done at warp speed. It's looking wonderful, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super fast, and looking extremely good. Very promising!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great looking jacket to be! Love the trim you are using.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, is all I have to say! It is just beautiful. So, you've given me a great goal. I'm going to be in London this summer, and wanted to stop by Linton anyway. Now I've decided I'm going to get some great boucle for a Chanel jacket. You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all your great comments - as for Ruth's question have I slept recently the answer is probably NO.

    I dropped my partner off at the train station last night at 6:30, started working on the jacket again, and there was quite a lot of hand sewing - and you know you keep saying to yourself, just a little more, just finish this etc etc., and before I knew it, it was 12:30......

    More work tonight so hope to get it nearly finished

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful! I love the fabric!Can't wait to see finished Jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful! I love the fabric!Can't wait to see finished Jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This jacket is looking so beautiful .

    ReplyDelete