Friday 27 January 2012

Exciting news of my Marriage plans





For the past few days I have been walking around in my own little "happy bubble" because my D Mike and I are getting married next year, with a planned date of the 18th May 2013 on his birthday (its a special one).

Both of us have been divorced for quite a long time , me 18 years and him 9 years  and by the time we get married we will have been together for just under 6 years - why now I can hear you ask?

Well first and foremost I am happy to publicly say that I love him to bits, so I decided that as it was a leap year that I would use my prerogative to ask him to marry me, and I am delighted to say that I got an instant yes and he is just as excited as me about the prospect - we could hardly sleep on Wednesday night.

For all you sceptics out there, after my divorce I never thought I would ever find someone that I would love so deeply, let alone get married again, but I have done exactly that, and feel like a teenager again - its wonderful.

So what plans - well first we need to secure our venue (we know exactly where) so we may have to do a few phone calls this weekend, I know exactly what type of engagement ring I would like - I adore the Art Deco style of rings.  As for dresses well of course I am going to make them.  I will have to plan enough to make one for me, and my bridesmaids; my daughter, my granddaughter, Mike's granddaughter Ella, my daughter-in-law and and Ella's mum.

Needless to say, I will have my work cut out for me, so I think I need to save up some holiday to spend a few weeks sewing, not to mention making the wedding cake too.

My children are delighted, my daughter said "I will have 5 brothers" she is the only girl, but we are adding to the female line with the grandchildren, I have asked my eldest son to give me away and he is quite chuffed, and all the other boys will be ushers.

OMG - I AM SO EXCITED.




17 comments:

  1. Have you come down from 'Cloud Nine' yet??? A huge congratulations to both of you, and family, on this fantastic news. The day will be here before you know it. So, the dresses...a challenge that you will tackle and conquer, can't wait to follow along on this sewing journey with you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations - good things come to those who wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the congratulations, and of course it will certainly keep me focused on my diet ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many congratulations. Don't get stressed out with wedding plans just enjoy the engagement and each other.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful news. Congratulations! I can see some wonderful blog watching coming up as we watch you through making all of these garments for your wedding. Great news!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOOHOO!!!!! And congratulations on your engagement. I for one am looking forward to reading about all your sewing for the wedding. My only advice - keep it simple so you can enjoy the process and the day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ann with all your wedding outfits, I may be asking for tips, and Bunny your heirloom sewing expertise I can see some sweet outfits in my mind for the little ones.

    I totally agree with Ann, I do intend to keep it simple - but elegant, but my mind is buzzing with tone on tone embroidery, or very fine gold embroidery (probably too much) but I will have enough time to do some trial runs so to speak.

    How am I going to keep my excitement going for 16 months?????

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations to the both of you! May just be coming to England again in 2013! (Hint Hint!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! And consider all wearing saris. You'll have a lot less fitting and hemming to do, lol. Best wishes for a happy, happy time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations what lovely news to start a new year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pauline, I would look at finding the fabric for your tone on tone or gold embroidery. Do a couple of trial runs to make sure you love it. You have lots of time; I did the bride's dress and 4 bridesmaids' dresses in 6 weeks. Don't wait start now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness! That is so exciting!As a second time around wife ,I can tell you confidently that last is best.Congratulations Pauline !It will be fun to watch your progress on preparations!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How wonderful! Congratulations to you and Mike, and best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations to both of you. Wonderful news. And so much to look forward to on your blog. Enjoy all the planning and "pre-fun" as we say in Holland.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so excited for you! Congratulations! I am looking forward to seeing the beautiful dresses I know you will sew for the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMGGG Amazing.. Congratulations Pauline, I'm so happy for you ! xx

    ReplyDelete