Sunday 19 June 2011

Variation on Butterick Blouse 5464

You may recall that I made up this Butterick Blouse pattern 5464 in a leopard print fabric earlier in the year and I have worn it for work and love it.  I wanted to make another in a crease resistant fabric that I could pack in my bag for work trips so decided to use the same pattern but make a couple of variations.


First I added a short sleeve to the blouse using another sleeve as a template and I reduced the size of the ruffle down the front.

Having mastered the rolled hem on my Babylock surger I rolled the hem on the ruffle, sleeve and bottom hem.

 Here you can see the original ruffle on in the background, with the reduced sized ruffle on top - I think going forward that I will use the smaller ruffle.

 I had this lilac cardigan that I purchased some years ago, and it had some chiffon fabric threaded through the holes in the front.  I decided to replace the old chiffon, and make two new ribbons from the blouse fabric, here you can see the cardigan on Edna over a lilac dress (work in progress), and over the blouse - I think I can get away with wearing the blouse over the dress with a belt and double its use.

I purchased a bag of mixed buttons from a lady on ebay - it had a large number of lovely pearlised buttons, which also match the buttons on the cardigan.

All in all I am really pleased.  I wore the blouse with my black pants (see later posting for details) when I was in Paris last week with a green cardigan, and they looked great.

2 comments:

  1. This cardigan and blouse set turned out so nice, Pauline. Repurposing the cardigan by "tying" it into the blouse with the matching fabric strips was a stroke of pure genius.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a great addition to your wardrobe. Love the cardi too.

    ReplyDelete