Sunday 3 April 2011

WEEKEND OF SEWING AND HAPPY MOTHERS DAY

Today is Mothers Day in the UK so I got some nice cards, and a lovely cushion from my DGD Alana


Alana also got mummy a nice cup with I love my Mummy on.  Dad said that she helped to write the card too hmmmmmmmmmmm.

 Alana has learned to crawl since last weekend - we are now having to Alana-proof the house.

Yesterday my D Mike had to go to help his son move into his new apartment so I had a day to get on with some sewing.

Now that spring has arrived, I decided to tackle that same old problem of creating a pair of trousers that I feel comfortable in.  So back to my McCalls M5239 pattern that I used with Gill in my fitting class.


And here is the result.



 Here the pocket and waistband has been top-stitched in white.
 I used a nice white satin bias binding for the bottom edge of the waistband.  To the right you can see a glimpse of leopard-print fabric that I am going to use for a blouse and the lining for the jacket.  I also have some shoes that match the leopard print exactly.




I decided that I wanted a placket front for the zipper so I found a pattern with this feature and added to my McCalls pattern.






I am using another old Palmer Pletch pattern again to make a long jacket to go with these pants - more about that in a future blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment